PYTHON 3.4 LEFTOVERS

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Sat Nov 16 12:20:28 EST 2013

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:14:42 PM UTC-5, Ferrous Cranus wrote:
> Στις 16/11/2013 6:46 μμ, ο/η YBM έγραψε:

> >> Sure thing Mark, here:
> >>
> >> root at secure [~]# find / -name python3.4 | rm -rf
> >>
> >> root at secure [~]# locate python3.4
> >> /root/.local/lib/python3.4
> >> /usr/local/include/python3.4m
> >> /usr/local/lib/libpython3.4m.a
> >> /usr/local/lib/python3.4
> >> /usr/local/share/man/man1/python3.4.1
> >>
> >> still there!!!
> >
> > You are utterly stupid:
> >
> > 1st: rm does not read its standard input so doing
> > whatever | rm -fr is useless
> >
> > 2st: even if it had worked (i.e. removed the files) they
> > would still appear with locate, as locate is just reading
> > a database build every day by updatedb (using find btw)
> >
> > What you want to do can be done this way :
> >
> > find / -name python3.4 -exec rm -rf {} \;
> > updatedb
> > locate python3.4
> >
> > but you'd better go to hell first.
>

> I will kindly ask you please to show me a way to:
>
> pip install pymysql
> pip install pygeoip
>
> So i will not receive this error at http://superhost.gr
>
> Those modules are installed into m system but for some reason i suspect
> they work under 2.6.6 and not under 3.3.2
>
> Please as soon as you help me solve this issues wich iam inexperienced
> to solve i will stop posting.
> I just need a little help form you, that all i ask.

Nikos, you are asking nicely now, but look how many messages you have posted in the last six hours asking the same questions.  Please read the code of conduct: http://www.python.org/psf/codeofconduct/  Especially this section:

  Members of the community are considerate of their peers -- other
  Python users. We're thoughtful when addressing the efforts of others,
  keeping in mind that often times the labor was completed simply
  for the good of the community.

You have not been considerate, and you have not acted in a way that shows you care about us as a community.

You reap what you sow.

--Ned.