Running python's own unit tests?

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 15:13:06 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Russell E. Owen <rowen at uw.edu> wrote:
> I'm building python from source and trying to figure out how to test the
> result. I must be overlooking something obvious, but I looked through
> the documentation and source and tried some google searches (which turn
> up plenty about writing unit tests in python, but nothing about testing
> a python distribution).
>
> Any hints?

`python -m test -uall` will test everything (where 'python' invokes
the interpreter you built, which may be "python_d.exe" on Windows if
you built in Debug mode, or "python.exe" on OSX).  If you're testing
2.7, '-m test' needs to be '-m test.regrtest'.

For any further detail, check Tim's link to the devguide, specifically
the chapter on running tests.

--
Zach