Program Translation - Nov. 14, 2013

E.D.G. edgrsprj at ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 17 11:25:17 EST 2013

"Roy Smith" <roy at panix.com> wrote in message
news:roy-D4B9A4.10202517112013 at news.panix.com...

> Scientists view computer programs as tools, no different from any other

       I agree totally.  There are many scientists who learn how to write
programs to help with their scientific work.  I doubt that there are too
many programmers who go out and get an additional degree in biology,
chemistry, or physics to help with their programming work.  And there
appears to me to often be a gap between how people in the two different
worlds go about getting things done.

       Since this program translation will be done by someone who actually
wrote program code for a living it will at least actually look like a
program when it is finished.  There will be indentation etc.