Odd msg received from list

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 08:56:04 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 12:53 AM, Verde Denim <tdldev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I got an odd message this morning from the list telling me that my
> account was de-activated due to excessive bounces. I've only sent a
> handful of messages to this board, but do read an awful lot of the posts
> in order to learn more about the language. The message also listed my
> account password, which I found odd. Has anyone else received a message
> like this?

Yes, I did too. I don't think it has anything to do with the number of
posts you make; it'll be to do with the number that get sent to you,
and it looks like it may be something to do with gmail. I tossed an
email to the list-owner address and it's being looked into; you'll
probably need to mark your address as active again. (In case you
haven't yet done that, I'm doing something I almost never do and
including the OP in the To: list. Please don't take this as a
precedent; normally, just reply to the list and let the sender get a
copy through that.)

ChrisA