Most discussion on comp.lang.python is about developing with Python

Peter Pearson ppearson at nowhere.invalid
Thu Nov 14 16:26:18 EST 2013

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:35:56 -0500, bob gailer <bgailer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I joined a week or so ago.
>
> The subject line was copied from the description of comp.lang.python aka
> python-list at python.org.
>
> I am very disappointed to see so much energy and bandwidth going to
> conversations that bash individuals.

I'm sorry your initial impression is so negative.  This Usenet
news group, comp.lang.python, is the most civil and helpful
news group I've followed in my long career of Usenet reading.
Losing that would be sad.

Perhaps the appearance of the group changes according to one's method
of access.  I read comp.lang.python using the slrn news-reading tool,
which allows me to skip an entire thread with a single keystroke.  Maybe
that's what has kept me from noticing so many unpleasant posts.