change volume of single audio device

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Nov 13 11:05:00 EST 2013

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 06:40:02 -0800, moldevort87 wrote:

> on executing i get
> [CODE]
>     <<type 'exceptions.WindowsError'> Error 11 while setting volume
>     <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'> Error 11 while setting volume
>
>     waveOutGetNumDevs= 3
>     mixerGetNumDevs 4
>     res: 0
>     wMid= 6553601
>     wPid= 1537
>     vDriverVersion= 2037083727
>     szPname= o (AMD High Definition Audi
>     dwFormats= 2
>     wChannels= 36
>     res 0
>     l: 65535 r: 0
> [/CODE]
>
> Could anyone tell me why this error occurs?

It's a Windows error, not a Python error. You'll need to look up the
documentation for the Windows API used (I think it is
mixerSetControlDetails) and see what return code 11 means. I don't even
know if it's documented.

Start by googling for "mixerSetControlDetails return value 11" and go on
from there.

--
Steven