chroot to install packages

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 18:40:20 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Himanshu Garg <hgarg.india at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am writing a python script to run chroot command to chroot to a linux distro and then run commands.  How can I do this, as after chrooting, the script runs the commands relative to the outside not inside the chrooted env?

Probably the easiest way to do this is to divide your script into two
pieces: one piece runs inside the chroot, the other doesn't. Then you
have the "outer" script invoke the "inner" script as a separate
process. When the inner process terminates, the outer continues, and
since the outer wasn't chrooted, it's now running commands relative to
the outside.

One convenient way to manage this is to have one script that invokes
itself with arguments. Another way is to have two actually separate
script files. It really depends how much work you're doing in each
half.

ChrisA