Trying tcompile an use the Python 3.4a

Ferrous Cranus nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 09:26:37 EST 2013

Στις 13/11/2013 4:23 μμ, ο/η Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick έγραψε:
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Ferrous Cranus <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
>> $ mkdir temp
>> $ cd temp
>> $ wget http://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.4/Python-3.4.tar.bz2
>> $ tar -xjvf Python-3.4.tar.bz2
>> $ cd Python-3.3.2
>> $ ./configure
>> $ make && make test
>> $ su
>> # make install
>> # exit
>> $ $ cd ../ && rm -rf Python-3.4
>>

>> root at secure [/home/nikos/www/cgi-bin]# python3 -V
>> Python 3.4.0a4
>>

>> can yu please tell me where python 3.4a was placed in the system?
>>
>> i tried
>>
>> #!/usr/bin/python3
>> #!/usr/local/bin/python3
>>
>> and also is there a way to call it like #!/usr/bin/python
>>
>> i know it can be done via ln 0s but i have to know where the newest python
>> got installed.
>>
>> Thank you.
>> --
>
> The command you are looking for is: which python3
> Alternatively, you could run `where python3` to see how big the mess
> on your system is (i.e. how many interpreters you have).

root at secure [~]# which python3
/usr/local/bin/python3
root at secure [~]# where pyhton3
-bash: where: command not found

also how can a link the newset python to just /usr/bin/python.
here is what i tried

root at secure [~]# ln -s /usr/local/bin/python3 /usr/bin/python
ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/bin/python': File exists
root at secure [~]#