Please help with this

mkharper mkharper at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 04:02:22 EST 2013

On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:18:58 AM UTC, saad imran wrote:
> [...]
>
>             if questionSelection == 1:
>
>                 print(que1)
>
>                 playerAnswer = input("What do you think the answer is?")
>
>                 if playerAnswer ==ans1:
>
>                     print("Correct!")
>
>                     userX += 75
>
>                 else:
>
>                     print("UH-OH!")
>
>                     dragonX += 75
>

>             elif questionSelection == 2:
>
>                 print(que1)
>
>                 playerAnswer = input("What do you think the answer is?")
>
>                 if playerAnswer ==ans2:
>
>                     print("Correct!")
>
>                     userX += 75
>
>                 else:
>
>                     print("UH-OH!")
>
>                     dragonX += 75
>

>             elif questionSelection == 3:
>
>                 print(que1)
>
>                 playerAnswer = input("What do you think the answer is?")
>
>                 if playerAnswer ==ans3:
>
>                     print("Correct!")
>
>                     userX += 75
>
>                 else:
>
>                     print("UH-OH!")
>
>                     dragonX += 75
>

>             elif questionSelection == 4:
>
>                  print(que1)
>
>                 playerAnswer = input("What do you think the answer is?")
>
>                 if playerAnswer ==ans4:
>
>                     print("Correct!")
>
>                     userX += 75
>
>                 else:
>
>                     print("UH-OH!")
>
>                     dragonX += 75
>

>             elif questionSelection == 5:
>
>                 print(que1)
>
>                 playerAnswer = input("What do you think the answer is?")
>
>                 if playerAnswer ==ans5:
>
>                     print("Correct!")
>
>                     userX += 75
>
>                 else:
>
>                     print("UH-OH!")
>
>                     dragonX += 75
>

>             elif questionSelection == 6:
>
>                 print(que1)
>
>                 playerAnswer = input("What do you think the answer is?")
>
>                 if playerAnswer ==ans6:
>
>                     print("Correct!")
>
>                     userX +=75
>
>                 else:
>
>                     print("UH-OH!")
>
>                     dragonX += 75
>

>             elif questionSelection == 7:
>
>                 print(que1)
>
>                 playerAnswer = input("What do you think the answer is?")
>
>                 if playerAnswer ==ans7:
>
>                     print("Correct!")
>
>                     userX += 75
>
>                 else:
>
>                     print("UH-OH!")
>
>                     dragonX += 75
>

>             elif questionSelection == 8:
>
>                 print(que1)
>
>                 playerAnswer = input("What do you think the answer is?")
>
>                 if playerAnswer ==ans8:
>
>                     print("Correct!")
>
>                     userX += 76
>
>                 else:
>
>                     print("UH-OH!")
>
>                     dragonX += 75
>

>             else:
>
>                 print(que9)
>
>                 playerAnswer = input("What do you think the answer is?")

Also....

Instead of asking the question 8 times, how about using a couple of dictionaries for the questions and answers with the answers include the coordinates like this:-

QUE = {1: "4481 *2",
       2: "457 * 21",
       3: "2345*23",
       4: "Who plays against the USA in golf's Walker Cup?",
       5: "Which game is played in autumn using the fruit of the horse chestnut tree?",
       6: "From what country does Lego come?",
       7: "What term is used in cricket for the two men on the field who decide on whether batsmen are out, and signal for extras and boundaries?",
       8: "What date was D-Day?",
       9: "Who is called the 'Great One' in hockey history?", }

ANS = {1: "8962;75;75",
       2: "9597;75;75",
       3: "53935;75;75",
       4: "britain;75;75",
       5: "conkers;75;75",
       6: "denmark;75;75",
       7: "umpire;75;75",
       8: "06,06,1944;76;75",
       9: "wayne gretzky;25;75", }

and then just test the question/answer with:

            queSel = random.randrange(1, 10)

            print("\n"*6)

            print(QUE[queSel])
            playerAnswer = input("What do you think the answer is?")
            if playerAnswer == ANS[queSel].split(';')[0]:
                print("Correct!")
                USERX += ANS[queSel].split(';')[1]
            else:
                print("UH-OH!")
                DRAGONX += ANS[queSel].split(';')[2]

            print("\n"*5)

I'm sure there's better ways. This is just what came to mind.

Regards,

Michael