PyMyth: Global variables are evil... WRONG!

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 23:19:58 EST 2013

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's see... Tkinter's design today is a single module
> containing a staggering:
>
>     155,626 chars
>
>     3,733 lines

Also: I see nothing wrong with a single module having 3-4K lines in
it. Hilfe, the Pike REPL/interactive interpreter, is about that long
and it's not a problem to maintain. The Python decimal module (as
opposed to CDecimal) is twice that, in the installation I have here to
check. My primary C++ module from work was about 5K lines, I think -
of that order, at least.

Python modules don't need to be split up into tiny fragments.
Flat is better than nested.

ChrisA