PyMyth: Global variables are evil... WRONG!

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 12:42:58 EST 2013

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:00:37 AM UTC-6, Rick Johnson wrote:
[snip]
> We have all been brainwashed by authorities. First they
> give us rules, then they give us the power to break
> those rules.

The devil himself said it best:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGR4SFOimlk

Hmm. How do we humans cope with all these opposing rules? If
we created an AI with all the ridiculous, convoluted and
opposing rules that we humans live with on a daily basis, it
would blow chunks.

How do our minds possibly cope with such illogical rules
without blowing chunks?

We cope by re-inventing reality.  We cope by convincing
ourselves that truths are not true and lies are true.

We cope by designing languages that obfuscate globals behind
pseudo interfaces so we can get farm fuzzy feelings in our
tummy, then we can "secretly" break the rule when non-one is
looking.

By doing this we convince ourselves that we are "pure".

HUMANS: What a pathetic bunch of slaves!

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFdmAgA_Gfo