Install Tkinter for Windows 7 64-bit

jonas.thornvall at gmail.com jonas.thornvall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 11:38:23 EST 2013

I have installed Python 3.3, and i want to add a library with some basic functions like canvas and basic geomteric objects, fonts etc. Preferably something similar to the Javascript canvas.

I've looked for graphic packages, and from what i can see something called Tkinter may be what i look for.

However i have no luck install it, i installed something called Visual studio in hope it would incorporate Tkinter, but it did not and it also do not seem to work with 3.3 only 3.1 and below.

Next i found ActiveStateTCL that from what i could see incorporated Tkinter library?

But i have no luck runn the Tkinter example file i downloaded in idel, it still says no module called Tkinter.

===
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Python33\test2.py", line 16, in <module>
    from Tkinter import Tk, Canvas, Frame, BOTH
ImportError: No module named 'Tkinter'
===

Maybe i should use some other module, i just need a canvas and the basic geometric objects functions line,rectangle,circle and some font.

JT