Implementing a multivibrator function with python

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 11:47:21 EST 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Antoon Pardon
<antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be> wrote:
> Op 12-11-13 15:44, JL schreef:
>> I am actually running python on raspberry pi. The trigger event is a button-press.
>
> That doesn't help. What does that button-press cause in terms of the OS. Does
> it cause a signal? Does it produce a number of bytes that can be read from
> some file like object? Something else?
>
> This is not python specific, the answer to those questions is needed no matter
> what language you use to implement your function.

This interests me because I started out in Electrical engineering
school in college.  I'm intrigued by raspberry pi.  I bet you would
find specific answers reading about how the hardware works.  Does
Raspberry pi come with push buttons that are connected to some io
ports or a usb port or a keyboard or?

If there is no physical switch, one of the gui frameworks for python
certainly will have hooks to invoke code when a (virtual) button is
pressed.

Maybe find a Raspberry pi newsgroup?

> --
> Antoon Pardon