datetime question

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 17:42:38 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 6:14 AM, Joel Goldstick
<joel.goldstick at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the US, the state of Indiana is really weird.  Three separate time
> zone areas, that don't all flip in the same way.  See this for TZ
> hell:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_time_zones

Timezones are one of the most interesting [1] things in the world.
Ireland doesn't move clocks forward for summer time, they move them
backward for winter time... I swear, when I first heard that, I
thought it was just one of those Irish jokes with no basis, but it is
true...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

Plus, they switch clocks at 2am all the time, not at 2am forward and
3am backward.

ChrisA

[1] Define "interesting".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/quotes?item=qt0433039