How to tell an HTTP client to limit parallel connections?

Nick Cash nick.cash at npcinternational.com
Fri Nov 8 14:42:07 EST 2013

>What I really need is an HTTP header or meta-tag or something that I can use to tell clients to limit themselves to a single connection.

I don't think such a thing exists... but you may be able to solve this creatively:

A) Set up a proxy server that multiplexes all of the connections into a single one. A reverse proxy could even handle the SSL and alleviate the load on the embedded server. Although it sounds like maybe this isn't an option for you?

OR

B) Redesign the page it generates to need fewer requests (ideally, only one): inline CSS/JS, data: url images, etc. It's not the prettiest solution, but it could work.

-Nick Cash