OT: How to tell an HTTP client to limit parallel connections?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 16:01:31 EST 2013

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> All I have control over is the server. I have no influence over the
> client side of things other than what I can do in the HTTP server.

Hmm. Then the only way I can think of is a reverse proxy that can
queue, handle security, or whatever else is necessary. Good luck. It's
not going to be easy, I think. In fact, easiest is probably going to
be beefing up the hardware.

Oooh.... crazy thought just struck me. What's your source of entropy?
Is it actually the mathematical overhead of cryptography that's taking
2-3 seconds, or are your connections blocking for lack of entropy? You
might be able to add another source of random bits, or possibly reduce
security a bit by allowing less-secure randomness from /dev/urandom.

ChrisA