What to make of 'make test' for python3 install from source (beaglebone angstrom install).

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 23:21:40 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Travis Griggs <travisgriggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> <aside>I find this is a tricky topic to get help with. Most of the python mailing list and irc channel is really about _python_ questions. Not the meta aspect of building it. And the python-dev guys make it pretty clear (in a nice way) that python-dev is for developing the next version of python (3.4 at the moment). They're probably the ones that really know these answers more than the lay python developer though. It's too bad there's not a forum "in between" to share/ask for help with these kinds of things.</aside>

That would be because people are spending more time using Python than
installing it. :) But I'd say that this is a fine place to ask these
sorts of questions.

However, what I will say is this: Using Google Groups is a great way
to annoy a lot of people. Notice how your above paragraph came out as
a single line, meaning that it wasn't correctly wrapped before getting
the "> " prefix for quoted text. That's not good, and it's one of the
least of GG's annoyances. Please use a better client, or if you insist
on using Google Groups, check this out:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython

ChrisA