PyDev 3.0 Released

Fabio Zadrozny fabiofz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 05:39:26 EST 2013

Hi,

What you get from LiClipse which you don't have on Eclipse+PyDev is:

- Lightweight support for other languages (i.e.: there's an editor which
provides highlighting, outline and other goodies which supports multiple
languages such as Django Templates, Mako, Javascript, Html, etc. -- and it
should be easy to add other DSLs too).

- Improved themeing (it extends eclipse color theme to theme not only the
editor, but other parts of the ide).

- Multi-edition (i.e.: Ctrl+K will create links for multi edition or
alternatively you can Ctrl+Alt+mouse select to select multiple lines to
edit at once)

- Things are pre-configured (i.e.: it provides a native installer which
bundles a jre and other common plugins such as anyedit, startexplorer,
egit...)

So, currently those are the advantages -- still, as you noted, PyDev is the
same on both cases :)

Cheers,

Fabio