Flexible programming environment (was: i want to know about python language)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Nov 7 02:10:08 EST 2013

Kewl p <kewlp624 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:48:26 AM UTC+5:30, Kewl p wrote:
> > hiiii
>
> can i get link of a ide in which python can run,,...??

I recommend learning a programming environment that is *not* tied to a
particular programming language.

Use an environment that lets you edit text files, type arbitrary shell
commands, run a test suite, invoke a debugger, run an interactive
language shell — *without* being specific to any particular language.

For me, that's a terminal emulator, and Emacs. Others prefer a terminal
emulator and Vim. Either are very powerful and very flexible, and have
support for many dozens of languages.

Python does have a Python-specific IDE, called “IDLE”. But if you're
interested in programming, you should be learning tools that let you
continue to use the tool just as effectively when you use more than one
language.

--
 \      “I am too firm in my consciousness of the marvelous to be ever |
  `\       fascinated by the mere supernatural …” —Joseph Conrad, _The |