Show off your Python chops and compete with others

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 20:49:04 EST 2013

On 8/11/2013 11:02 AM, Roy Smith wrote:
> Well, if you want to be truly pedantic about it (*), this defines a
> function without an explicit return and which does not return None:
>
> def foo():
>     raise Exception

In [2]: import dis
In [3]: dis.dis(foo)
   2           0 LOAD_GLOBAL              0 (Exception)
               3 RAISE_VARARGS            1
               6 LOAD_CONST               0 (None)
               9 RETURN_VALUE

Seeing as we're being pedantic, the function *does* return None, it's
just that the return value is never seen because an exception is raise.