Show off your Python chops and compete with others

Andrew Cooper root at 127.0.0.1
Wed Nov 6 19:28:07 EST 2013

On 07/11/2013 00:24, Roy Smith wrote:
> In article <jWAeu.102858$rN3.45213 at fx21.am4>,
>  Andrew Cooper <root at 127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>> On 07/11/2013 00:00, Nathaniel Sokoll-Ward wrote:
>>> Thought this group would appreciate this:
>>> www.metabright.com/challenges/python
>>>
>>> MetaBright makes skill assessments to measure how talented people are at
>>> different skills. And recruiters use MetaBright to find outrageously
>>> skilled job candidates.
>>>
>>> Python is a new area of expertise for us. We make "Challenges" for a bunch
>>> of languages and we're excited to finally have Python released. Give it a
>>> shot -- I'd love to hear what you think.
>>>

>> "What is the correct number of spaces for indentation in Python?"
>

> What does the following code do?
> def a(b, c, d): pass
>
> My answer: "Defines a function which returns None", but that isn't one
> of the choices.

"Which is a correct way to perform exponentiation in Python?"

1) math.pow(a,b)
2) a^b
3) a*2b
4) None of the other responses are correct

Apparently I was wrong by answering 4), and 1) is the expected answer.
Clearly the author doesn't know about the ** operator in python.

It appears that no serious python coders were consulted when writing
these questions.

~Andrew