To whoever hacked into my Database

Alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 14 07:32:57 EST 2013

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 12:46:29 +0200, Ferrous Cranus wrote:
>> This must have happened when i was handling my root passwords out in
>> the open.
>>
>> Served me well.

At least you seem to be learning this lesson

> Can somebody explain to me why there is so many failed attempts to login
> into my linux server under various user accounts?
>
> http://i.imgur.com/5PaZAWu.png
>
> I mean is this some normal background radiation of the Internet or is
> something directed to me?
>
> Does this happen on your servers at this extend too?

any open ports on the internet are likely to attract attention of the
'Black Hats'
this is why you have been advised to check your firewall settings
you should only expose the ports that are absolutely necessary

for a web server these would be 80 & 443

currently you have many other services also open that probably should not
be.
if you check the logs for those services you will probably find even more
login attempts (I hope they have failed)

--
Paranoid schizophrenics outnumber their enemies at least two to one.