To whoever hacked into my Database

Jussi Piitulainen jpiitula at ling.helsinki.fi
Thu Nov 7 04:35:31 EST 2013

Ferrous Cranus writes:

> Here is the proof of the hacking into my clients database:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/5ErmFlI.png
> http://i.imgur.com/3u7At55.png
>
> But i just changes something in my script's code and "she" will not
> be successful on doing that again, i like to believe :)

Greek appears to have gendered personal pronouns even in plural. Is it
so that a group of people is marked as masculine if it is not known
(or stereotypical) that none of them is male? Or can the neutral
pronouns be used of people? Just wondering.

<http://www.foundalis.com/lan/perspron.htm>

English has developed a number of ways to refer to people of unknown
sex. One of these is the use of "she" as here. It doesn't indicate any
specific knowledge about the person in question. It indicates that the
speaker (writer) chose to acknowledge the existence and relevance of
women.