Auto-authorization for Google Drive using Python in Mac OS X

Peter Pearson ppearson at nowhere.invalid
Wed Nov 6 11:19:52 EST 2013

On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 11:46:54 -0800 (PST), Pratik Mehta wrote:

> I have written Python code for Google Drive which uploads the image
> files to my drive app. I have three queries. Here is my code:
[snip]

> My Queries:
> 1. This program will upload all the images to my given client_id and
> client_secret.  How do I make users to use my app and upload their
> images to their own Google Drive?
> 2. I want to automate this task. Whenever I run this application in
> terminal, it always asks me for the authorization code, which I don't
> want. Can this be bypassed?
> 3. I read about refresh_tokens, but couldn't find how can I implement
> this in my app for automating the authorization.  So, is
> refresh_tokens used for that? If yes, then how do I implement it in my
> program?  If not, then how can I make sure that as soon as my
> application is loaded, that particular file gets uploaded on google
> drive directly, without any authorization, or with any
> auto-authorization way, so that user interaction is chucked
> completely.

I'm sorry to see that you haven't gotten a response. I can't help,
because I can't understand the questions, perhaps because they
require intimate knowledge of Google Drive or of a library that
you're using to access Google Drive.  This is ordinarily an
amazingly helpful group; perhaps you could find a more specific
question that could be illustrated with shorter code.