Compiling Python3 for BeagleBone Black (Angstrom distro)

Amirouche Boubekki amirouche.boubekki at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 16:37:52 EST 2013

Hi Travis,

I see, looking at ./configure --help | less, that I could provide
> --disable-FEATURE and --without-PACKAGE directives to my ./configure
> invocation. But what I don't see is how to generate a list of what
> FEATURES/PACKAGES I could put there for consideration of omission. Is there
> some magic juju that generates that?

I don't remember correctly, I think it's a environment variable, also there
was a bug in python 2.7 regarding this...

Have a look at the setup.py of your python version there is some juju magic
mojo variable that configures the compiled extensions [1]

Also, whenever you want to compile something check gentoo ebuild aka.
compilation recipe, for instance for Python
3.3.2<http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/dev-lang/python/python-3.3.2-r2.ebuild?revision=1.6&view=markup>or
linux
from scratch <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/>.

Distcc might be helpful.