Automation

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 23:35:43 EST 2013

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Renato Barbosa Pim Pereira <
renato.barbosa.pim.pereira at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have one .xls file with the values of PV MV and SP, I wanna to calculate
> Kp Ki Kd with python from this file, can anyone give me any suggestion
> about how can I do this? From now, thanks.

You're being rather vague, so my answer is vague too.  I won't attempt to
deal with the formulas for your conversions - apparently that's your
business.

But for dealing with xls files, I recommend saving to and reading from .csv
files; Python deals great with these.

If you're not concerned about getting (further) locked into a dying,
binary-only platform, you could use xlrd and xlwt though.

It looks like xlrd runs on 2.x and 3.x, while xlwt is still 2.x only -
that's another reason to go with csv, which works well with 2.x and 3.x for
reading and writing.