Automation

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 16 06:42:35 EST 2013

On 16/11/2013 02:01, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> 	Given that "English" contains remnants of latin (from the Roman
> occupation), saxons (a germanic tribe), angles (another germanic tribe),
> danish (after the joining of the anglo-saxon), other vikings (norse), then
> the norman invasion (which was a mix of norse and old french), etc. -- the
> overlapping of orthographic elements is no surprise.

I'm trying to work out what the(?) language should be called given the
above list.  Sure "English" is derived from those "angles", but by the
time you've derived all the other names and strung them all together,
phew, what a mouthful.  It's best not to go there, yes?

Also consider how the language has changed from Chaucer, through
Shakespear, Dickins and now J.K. Rowling.

Then there's the centre of the universe, "Breamore" is prounced
"Bremmer" and used to be spelt "Bremmer".  Don't ask :)

But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer

Mark Lawrence