Automation

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Nov 15 10:02:56 EST 2013

On 2013-11-15, Paul Rudin <paul.nospam at rudin.co.uk> wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:
>
>> A few minor errors is one thing, but when you see people whose posts are
>> full of error after error and an apparent inability to get English syntax
>> right, you have to wonder how on earth they expect to be a programmer?
>
> The irritating thing is apparent lack of care. A post is written once
> and will be seen (perhaps not read) by many people. People post with the
> intention of others reading their words. If they can't be bothered to
> take a little care in writing, why should we spend time reading?

Just because English is your second language it doesn't mean you don't
need to pay attention to what keys you're hitting and proof-read a
posting before hitting "send".

And yes, people can _easily_ tell the difference between errors caused
by being lazy/sloppy and errors caused by writing in a second
language.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Let me do my TRIBUTE
                                  at               to FISHNET STOCKINGS ...