How to add a current string into an already existing list

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Nov 3 01:06:40 EST 2013

Nick the Gr33k wrote:
> I just want a mysql column type that can be eligible to store an array
> of elements, a list that is, no need for having a seperate extra table
> for that if we can have a column that can store a list of values.

Relational database systems typically don't provide any
such type, because it's not the recommended way of storing
that kind of data in a relational database.

The recommended way is to use a secondary table, as has
been pointed out.

You're making things difficult for yourself by refusing
to consider that solution.

--
Greg