Python wart

Peter Cacioppi peter.cacioppi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 21:26:09 EDT 2013

Chris said :

"It does look cool on paper. "

Sure, I'll buy that Bjarne designed something intellectually pretty that just doesn't flow very well in practice. Most of his C++ worked very well both in theory and practice, so I can forgive him one nerdy overreach, if that's what it was.

Python is impressive for it's lack of such constructions. Things are pretty to think about, and handy to use.

What is it the French say? "Sure it works in practice, but does it work on paper?" ;) I can joke, I once had many very smart French colleagues.