Python wart

Peter Cacioppi peter.cacioppi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 03:11:13 EDT 2013

Mark said :

"Do I have to raise a PEP to get this stupid language changed so that it
dynamically recognises what I want it to do and acts accordingly?"

The printf syntax in C isn't any wonderful thing, and there is no obligation to provide some Python version of it.

I have to say, there were a few things that twerked me when getting up to speed on Py, but formatting strings wasn't one of them. I'd be surprised if Guido prioritizes a fix for this part of his "stupid language".

Just sayin