Basic Python Questions - Oct. 31, 2013

sigtool at kcl.ac.uk sigtool at kcl.ac.uk
Sun Nov 10 09:40:22 EST 2013

On Q4, you could try Waterloo Graphics <http://waterloo.sourceforge.net>. Its LGPLv3 and, although Java-based, runs in Python via Py4J. It has built-in mouse interactivity/GUI editors etc that will all be active when used from Python.

It is Java Swing-based, so e.g. data points can be drawn as standard clickable Swing components (see http://waterloo.sourceforge.net/R/scatter.html for an example using R [N.B. not interactive on the web site which just shows a bit-map]).

For Python examples see http://waterloo.sourceforge.net/python/grid.html