Basic Python Questions - Oct. 31, 2013

E.D.G. edgrsprj at ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 5 00:22:05 EST 2013

"Jim Gibson" <JimSGibson at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:031120131018099327%JimSGibson at gmail.com...

> One way to generate plot within a CGI program is this:

       To start off with, I am not a CGI expert.  Also, I have several
degrees in the physical sciences and many years of doing computer
programming.  But the programming work is done just to get various science
projects to work.

       The question that I could not get an answer for was, “How can you get
Gnuplot to run on an Internet server computer?”

       And I would eventually have to ask that same question for Python.

       My Internet Server looks like it has Perl, Perl5, and PHP available.
And I have created a number of CGI Perl programs that run on the Web site.
But as I said, I would not know how to get Gnuplot or Python to run at the
site.

       Any recommendations for how to do that?  Or should I just do a search
for the necessary documentation?