Basic Python Questions - Oct. 31, 2013

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 18:05:28 EST 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 9:21 PM, E.D.G. <edgrsprj at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>       The point is, when people want to make some computer program available
> for use by others around the world they might want to circulate a version of
> their program that has such a simple format that anyone can understand it.
> And for actual use they can generate parallel versions that have more
> efficient code that people who are working with that language can
> understand.

Sounds to me like something out of cryptography. You have a "reference
implementation" that's slow, readable, and straight-forward, and then
you have "optimized implementations" that are actually fast enough to
use - but if any time you want to know if you're producing the right
output, you just compare against the reference implementation.

ChrisA