Retrieving possible list for use in a subsequent INSERT

Denis McMahon denismfmcmahon at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 12:41:30 EDT 2013

On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 02:06:59 +0200, Nick the Gr33k wrote:

> HOW this 'list' is supposed to get stored into the visitors database?

> What colum is able to handle this list?

A python list is a python datatype. mysql has no equivalent data type to
a python list. You need to convert your python list into a data element
or elements that mysql understands.

The way I would do it would be to use a table for downloads list where
each download was linked to the visitor who had downloaded it.

I'm sure all the future users of your torrent search website will be
pleased to know just how much unnecessary data you are attempting to
capture about their torrenting activities. When the CIA and the FBI
persuade the greek government to let them impound your servers, all your
users worldwide will have their torrenting history laid out in full,
which I'm sure will please anyone who wishes to litigate against them.

Note also that Greece is part of the EU and that makes your website
subject to EU data protection requirements. You have to tell your users
what data you are collecting and storing, and why you are collecting and
storing it, and you must destroy the data once it is no longer needed.

As an observation, if you are simply providing a torrent search engine,
you do not need to log or record anything at all.

Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com