Algorithm that makes maximum compression of completly diffused data.

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri Nov 8 00:32:46 EST 2013

On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 18:25:18 -0800, jonas.thornvall wrote:

> Please, you are he obnoxious, so fuck off

Pot, meet kettle.

> I am not sure if it is just stupidness or laziness that prevent you from
> seeing that 4^8=65536.

And what is it that prevents you from seeing that 4**8=65536 is
irrelevant to the compression of random data?

All your talk about "reformulation of problems", "infinite number of
arithmetical solutions" and "generic arithmetic encoding" is just a smoke
screen to distract from the fact that you don't, in fact, have a
compression algorithm that can losslessly compress arbitrary random data
of any length.

I am as sure as this as I am sure you don't have a perpetual motion
machine, a method for squaring the circle using only a compass and
straight-edge, or a fool-proof system for winning the lottery every week
without any chance of failure.

--
Steven