Algorithm that makes maximum compression of completly diffused data.

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 21:36:49 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM,  <jonas.thornvall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please, you are he obnoxious, so fuck off or go learn about reformulation of problems. Every number has an infinite number of arithmetical solutions. So every number do has a shortest arithmetical encoding. And that is not the hard part to figure out, the hard part is to find a generic arithmetic encoding.
>
> I am not sure if it is just stupidness or laziness that prevent you from seeing that 4^8=65536.

I can see that 4^8 = 65536. Now how are you going to render 65537? You
claimed that you could render *any* number efficiently. What you've
proven is that a small subset of numbers can be rendered efficiently.

Maybe what you can do is render a large number of small subsets of
numbers efficiently. (Let's say all instances of integer^integer, and
all cases of Fibonacci numbers.) You'll still have some holes in
between which you can't render as tidily, and these are the ones where
the best representation is the raw one, plus a small tag saying that
it's raw. That's how most compression algorithms work.

Also, please don't swear. When I described Google Groups posts as
"obnoxious", I was using the word in a strictly correct way, and that
is not an invitation for profanity. Of course, if you want to be seen
as *yourself* obnoxious, that's one of the easier ways to accomplish
that.

ChrisA