Algorithm that makes maximum compression of completly diffused data.

jonas.thornvall at gmail.com jonas.thornvall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 08:53:28 EST 2013

Den lördagen den 2:e november 2013 kl. 22:31:09 UTC+1 skrev Tim Roberts:
> jonas.thornvall at gmail.com wrote:
>

> >Well then i have news for you.
>

> Well, then, why don't you share it?
>

> Let me try to get you to understand WHY what you say is impossible.  Let's
>
> say you do have a function f(x) that can produce a compressed output y for
>
> any given x, such that y is always smaller than x.  If that were true, then
>
> I could call f() recursively:
>
>     f(f(...f(f(f(f(f(x)))))...))
>
> and eventually the result get down to a single bit.  I hope it is clear
>
> that there's no way to restore a single bit back into different source
>
> texts.
>

> Here's another way to look at it.  If f(x) is smaller than x for every x,
>
> that means there MUST me multiple values of x that produce the same f(x).
>
> Do you see?  If x is three bits and f(x) is two bits, that means there are
>
> 8 possible values for x but only 4 values for f(x).  So, given an f(x), you
>
> cannot tell which value of x it came from.  You have lost information.
>
> --
>
> Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
>
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Well let me try to explain why it is working and i have implemented one.
I only need to refresh my memory it was almost 15 years ago.
This is not the solution but this is why it is working.
65536=256^2=16^4=***4^8***=2^16

Yes i am aware that 256 is a single byte 8 bits, but the approach is valid anyway.