Python on a MacBook Pro (not my machine)

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Nov 6 16:34:32 EST 2013

On 06Nov2013 09:51, John Ladasky <john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted here with recommendations for programming-friendly text editors.  I will follow up on this after I have resolved a more fundamental issue with my new student -- his Python 3.3.2 interpreter segfaults and crashes on the second command!  I'll start a new thread to deal with that problem.

I think there was some discussion of this bug with Mavericks very
recently on the list. Possibly fixed in more recent builds.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Uhlmann's Razor: When stupidity is a sufficient explanation, there is no need
                 to have recourse to any other.
                        - Michael M. Uhlmann, assistant attorney general
                          for legislation in the Ford Administration