Python on a MacBook Pro (not my machine)

nf7 arya at live.ca
Sat Nov 2 12:53:23 EDT 2013

MacVim is the best text editor, but the key bindings might get in the way at
first. I'd still suggest it though. Also, installing a version of Python
from the website is a good idea since Apple has a custom (and usually older)
version of Python pre-installed that functions a little differently.

"rusi"  wrote in message
news:14f678dc-a69c-489d-a120-ea5e0a1b2012 at googlegroups.com...

On Sunday, October 27, 2013 12:37:40 AM UTC+5:30, John Ladasky wrote:
> Hi folks,

> My side job as a Python tutor continues to grow.  In two weeks, I
> will start working with a high-school student who owns a MacBook
> Pro.

> So, what other free and lightweight editing options do I have for a
> Mac?  I have found a few (fairly old) discussions on
> comp.lang.python which suggest Eric
> (http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/) and Editra
> (http://editra.org/).  Opinions on these and other choices are
> appreciated.

Just stumbled upon this
https://github.com/gabrielelanaro/emacs-for-python

Not that I would recommend it if you are not already an emacs user

---