Possibly better loop construct, also labels+goto important and on the fly compiler idea.

Joshua Landau joshua at landau.ws
Sat Nov 2 14:22:38 EDT 2013

On 1 November 2013 05:41, Steven D'Aprano
> On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 21:41:32 -0700, rurpy wrote:

>>> I said absolutely nothing of the sort. You're making that quote up --
>>> not just misinterpreting what I said, or taking my words in the worst
>>> possible way, but completely inventing things I never said.
>>
>> Yes, on rereading you are correct, you did not say his proposition made
>> no sense, you disagreed with him that "putting this exit condition on
>> the top makes no sense" and claimed he had no business making such a
>> statement
>
> I said nothing of the sort.

Personally, rurpy's reading seems like a reasonable one to me. Maybe
not correct in a technical sense, but at least reasonable.

Particularly, the phrase

"Wait until you actually start programming before deciding what makes
sense or doesn't."

seems especially harsh, and would be furthermore so should Skybuck be
a professional programmer. That's a phrase easy to take badly,
especially over this medium.

Sure, you in all probability didn't mean it like that but rurpy isn't
uncalled for in raising the concern. Really I just want to remind you
that you're both on the same side here.