Too many python installations. Should i remove them all and install the latest?

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Fri May 31 13:33:20 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Νικόλαος Κούρας <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
> root at nikos [~]# which python
> /usr/bin/python
> root at nikos [~]# which python2
> /usr/bin/python2
> root at nikos [~]# which python3
> /root/.local/lib/python2.7/bin/python3
> root at nikos [~]# which python3.3
> /root/.local/lib/python2.7/bin/python3.3
> root at nikos [~]#
>
> So i have
> 2.6
> 2.7
> 3
> 3.3
>
> 4 installations?

Oh, I see.  The python3 and python3.3 are probably the same binary, though.

In any case, since Python 2.7 and Python 3 are both installed under
/root/.local, it looks like you didn't install them using yum in the
first place.  You probably installed them from source.  If that's the
case, you can probably just rm -rf the python2.7 folder from each of
the /root/.local subfolders that has it.