Google App Engine dev_appserver and pdb?

Tom P werotizy at freent.dd
Thu May 30 12:49:48 EDT 2013

Is there a way to use pdb to debug Google apps written in Python?
When I start the development system to run the app "test" like this -

'./google_appengine/dev_appserver.py' './test'

  - I'd like to send the program into debug. I couldn't see anything in
the documentation how to do this. If I do this -
python -mpdb './google_appengine/dev_appserver.py' './test'
  - then dev_appserver.py goes into debug but doesn't know anything
about "test".