Can anyone please help me in understanding the following python code

bhk755 at gmail.com bhk755 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 06:19:59 EDT 2013

Thanks for the reply Chris.

I am newbie to python, so please excuse me if I am asking chilly questions.

Can you please explain more about the following sentence.
"When it says "Splitting" with a single-element list, it then
immediately prints "Merging" and returns (because all the rest of the
code is guarded by the 'if'). Execution then continues where it left
off, in the parent."

Because I am not sure how the control can go back to top of the function unless  there is no loops there.

Also, Can you please let me know how did you found out that I am using Python 2 Interpreter.

Bharath