The state of pySerial

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed May 29 23:59:16 EDT 2013

On 2013-05-29, Terry Jan Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> On 5/29/2013 3:47 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
>> On 2013-05-29, Ma Xiaojun <damage3025 at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
>>> Unforunately, pySerial project doesn't seem to have a good state. I
>>> find pySerial + Python 3.3 broken on my machine (Python 2.7 is OK) .
>>> There are unanswered outstanding bugs, PyPI page has 2.6 while SF
>>> homepage still gives 2.5.
>>>
>>> Any idea?
>>
>> Volunteer as a maintainer and start fixing bugs?
>
> It seems to be getting around 200 downloands a day. Quite worth
> someone supporting it.

Chris has a day job, just like the rest of us.  He might even have a
family and hobbies other than supporting pyserial. ;)

Everybody should feel free to submit patches for open bugs and to test
any patches waiting to be accepted.

http://pyserial.sourceforge.net/pyserial.html#from-source-tar-gz-or-checkout

https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/pyserial/pyserial-2.6.tar.gz#md5=cde799970b7c1ce1f7d6e9ceebe64c98

--