Python #ifdef

Fábio Santos fabiosantosart at gmail.com
Tue May 28 18:51:08 EDT 2013

On 28 May 2013 21:53, "Carlos Nepomuceno" <carlosnepomuceno at outlook.com>
wrote:

> ________________________________
> > Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 21:34:36 +0100
> > Subject: RE: Python #ifdef
> > From: fabiosantosart at gmail.com
> > To: carlosnepomuceno at outlook.com
> > CC: python-list at python.org
> >

> > On 28 May 2013 21:26, "Carlos Nepomuceno"
> > <carlosnepomuceno at outlook.com<mailto:carlosnepomuceno at outlook.com>>
> > wrote:
> > > Haha! That's it!!!
> > >
> > > Just realized how funny this can be: ;)
> > >
> > > ### never to be opened ###
> > > def pandoras_box(v):
> > >     return v/0.0
> > >
> > > if customer_didnt_pay():
> > >     pandoras_box()
> > >
> > > #lol
> >
> > 1/0 is, after print, my most common debug statement.
>
> What's the best debugger for Python? Have you tried HAP[1]?
>
> [1] http://hapdebugger.sourceforge.net/

Never saw that, but the remote debugging looks like it adds some
flexibility. That said, I don't often use a debugger. When I do, it's pdb.
Pdb is not bad at all, and it comes in the stdlib, which makes it readily
available in a virtualenv. It's impractical to set more than a breakpoint,
but then again I only use a breakpoint at a time.