Python for IPSA (Power flow analysis)

Robert Marshall spam at capuchin.co.uk
Tue May 28 08:08:32 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 28 2013, Debbie <dia.sussex at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there, I am new to Python, and wondering if you could help me with
> python based coding for the IPSA (Power system analysis software). I
> have a electrical distribution network with generators, buses and
> loads, on which I am performing the load flow analysis every 1 hour
> for a period of 1 year.
>
> The code to perform instantaneous load/power flow analysis is given
> below. I need to modify it such that I can perform this load flow
> analysis every 1 hour for a period of 1 year. Please help.
>
> from ipsa import *
>
> ipsasys = IscInterface()
> net = ipsasys.ReadFile("refinery.iif")
> bok = net.DoLoadFlow();
> if bok:
>     busbars = net.GetBusbars()
>     for bus in busbars.itervalues():
>         name = bus.GetName()
..
> else:
>     print "Load Flow failed!"

I think Dave's suggestions are useful, a few years ago I was one of the
developers for the IPSA python API, I'm not sure how things have moved
on since then but you need somewhere to incorporate some time modelling
- at the moment I'm not sure how and if that was done. In any case I
doubt if the simulation would give rigourous results over a simulation
period of that length

Is what you really have  a set of iif files with current voltages over a
set of periods within that year, if so you need to iterate though those,

IPSA has a linkedin discussion group and current IPSA developers will I
think respond to you there (if you have an account)

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/