.mat files processing in Python

Romila Anamaria romila.anamaria at yahoo.com
Mon May 27 16:50:24 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am beginner
in Python programming and I want to make an application (GUI) in Python 2.6 +
wxPython for process data stored in  .mat
files .

(I make such
data  processing in MatLAB.)

My application
consists in:
                -selecting the path of the files
process  and  the file i want to process

The .mat files
contain several variables:
                -each variable corresponds to a
key

-when I select one key (or
multiple keys) I want process only values ​​ of variable(variables) that i
have   selected

- I want to check if each
value is within the limits specified by me (minimum and maximum  given in interactively mode from the
interface- for example a textbox) and show me status of comparison:  passed (if all values ​​are in range) or
failed (if one or more values are ​​out of range) + the  values ​​that are out of limits

- after comparison, the
results should be saved in a template( excel file) which I want to complete in
the interface with the name of the person who makes the"test", time,
file name, name of the variable / variables, and for variables  specify status:  passed / failed, and for „ failed”  speify the values ​​that came out of limits

 -I want to do graphics
(plots) of variation of values ​​in time, and there should be a different
colored line on both sides of the graph to be one line with different color-the
lines mark the boundaries  of values
- I want to make a
comparison between two measurements of values that belong to the same variable,
within the same graphic
-I want to save these
graphics in. jpeg or . png format, and integrated these graphics in the excel
template

Can someone help me to make this application?

Thanks!