Python error codes and messages location

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue May 28 04:38:35 EDT 2013

On Tue, 28 May 2013 17:15:51 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:

> Can we internationalize English instead of localizing Python?

We have. English is the primary international language for programmers.
(For which I am profoundly grateful.)

Japanese is also a pretty important language, but mostly in Japan. And
China would like Chinese to be, in fact there is even a version of Python
localised to Chinese:

http://www.chinesepython.org/

I have no objection to people creating their own, localised,
implementation or fork of Python, in which case good luck to them but
they're on their own. But I don't think that exceptions should otherwise
be localised.

--
Steven