Python error codes and messages location

Fábio Santos fabiosantosart at gmail.com
Tue May 28 02:57:14 EDT 2013

On 28 May 2013 05:17, "Vito De Tullio" <vito.detullio at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> It is. I think I read it mentioned in python-dev or this list.
> >
> > Here is what I read.
> >
> > http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2013-April/125364.html
> >
> > It wasn't only about exceptions after all. And it seems like something
> > that will only happen far into the future.
>
> I really hope really far... have you never tried to google a localized
error
> message? :\
>
> --
> By ZeD

Never. I don't even try.

I still think this is a good idea. Not for debugging though.

For UI (and error logs if your requirements include writing them in the
user language), it could simplify all the
user-facing-unexpected-error-reporting into an except hook, or a
try..except high up in your call stack.

It would be a pretty big step towards RAD. But it had to be made optional
somehow.

Maybe using errno and existing exception messages together with gettext?